Body, light, surface, shadow
The Shape of Shadows is a four-part series of creative writing and development workshops taught by Pages Matam (They/He) with prompts, lessons, and guest talks, all aimed at equipping participants with tools and resources to take their poems beyond just poetry by cultivating new ways to honor them.
This series is an exploration of both the work and the artist as we think critically on the craft and the opportunities for other sustainable mediums.
Each session will build on four key components:
- Body – content (conceptualization and actualization)
- Light – timeline (how not to get in your own way)
- Surface – support (building a support system and resources)
- Shadow – reflection (emotional spectrum and feedback of the work)
Additionally, the course will cover curriculum and workshop building, screenwriting, transmedia art, and putting together a manuscript.
Accessing Each Class
- You can access each week’s live class by clicking in the week’s link listed below. Once you click inside the week, you will see a countdown timer on the page for the respective week.
- The countdown timer will change to a “Join Now” button 10 minutes before the scheduled class start time. Click that button to access the live class via Zoom.
- If you are having any issues accessing the live class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing The Recordings
- The recording for each week’s class will be posted in the week’s links listed below.
- Once the class has completed and the recording has processed, you will see a button that says “Show Recordings.”
- Click “Show password” to view/copy the password before opening the recording
- Open the recording, enter the password, and view!