How to write poetry from the gut and get free
Dive into the bowels of poetry and see what mess can be made! Whoever said poetry has to be pretty has not studied under master teaching artist, Gayle Danley. This is a raw and real yet month-long bath in the tub where emotions float on water and sometimes get swallowed up in the drain.
Gayle’s writing/performing soul-sessions will guide students through the dark land of slam poetry, holding their hand as they discover the underbelly of words and how to use them for catharsis and the highest level of performance.
What you can expect
- You will not want to say goodbye to Gayle after the final session
- because you will have fallen so completely in love with your way of writing and the gutteral sound of your own voice getting free and becoming more powerful
- and you will have found a forever-friend in writing and
- a view of your world that is hopeful, wonderful, honest and worth living in.
Accessing Each Class
- You can access each week’s live class by clicking in the week’s link listed below. Once you click inside the week, you will see a countdown timer on the page for the respective week.
- The countdown timer will change to a “Join Now” button 10 minutes before the scheduled class start time. Click that button to access the live class via Zoom.
- If you are having any issues accessing the live class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing The Recordings
- The recording for each week’s class will be posted in the week’s links listed below.
- Once the class has completed and the recording has processed, you will see a button that says “Show Recordings.”
- Click “Show password” to view/copy the password before opening the recording
- Open the recording, enter the password, and view!