Pull back the veil on revision
Beyond generation, the real writing happens in the editing process. Depending on who you ask, editing can be a writers favorite or most anxious part of creating work. Editing is about discovery: what does the poem want to be and what are you really trying to say? A lot of editing is getting out of your own way to let the poem become its truest self and discovering a voice you never knew you had.
This course aims at pulling back the veil on revision and giving writers tangible practices that they can put in place to edit their own work and elevate their craft. Over the course of 4 sessions we will create new work, edit for content, edit for form, group workshop the piece, and culminate with a finished product writers can look back at and pinpoint the its evolution.
Writers will walk away with practical tools and exercises they can implement with any poem they have already written or will produce in the future, as well as gain a community of writers they can always look to for feedback and inspiration.
Accessing Each Class
- You can access each week’s live class by clicking in the week’s link listed below. Once you click inside the week, you will see a countdown timer on the page for the respective week.
- The countdown timer will change to a “Join Now” button 10 minutes before the scheduled class start time. Click that button to access the live class via Zoom.
- If you are having any issues accessing the live class, please email email@example.com.
Accessing The Recordings
- The recording for each week’s class will be posted in the week’s links listed below.
- Once the class has completed and the recording has processed, you will see a button that says “Show Recordings.”
- Click “Show password” to view/copy the password before opening the recording
- Open the recording, enter the password, and view!