Spells to create transformative poems
Alchemy, the ancient craft in which practitioners transform something of little worth into gold, is comparable to the craft of writing. This workshop is designed to activate the human imagination and invites participants to transform how they view and practice language.
This series begins by exploring writing technology and equips writers with the spells to create transformative poems that build human connections through vulnerability.
In this course, students can expect to develop an idea into a complete poem, explore the craft of editing, and learn how to use a poem as a tool for personal transformation.
Accessing Each Class
- You can access each week’s live class by clicking in the week’s link listed below. Once you click inside the week, you will see a countdown timer on the page for the respective week.
- The countdown timer will change to a “Join Now” button 10 minutes before the scheduled class start time. Click that button to access the live class via Zoom.
- If you are having any issues accessing the live class, please email email@example.com.
Accessing The Recordings
- The recording for each week’s class will be posted in the week’s links listed below.
- Once the class has completed and the recording has processed, you will see a button that says “Show Recordings.”
- Click “Show password” to view/copy the password before opening the recording
- Open the recording, enter the password, and view!
Connect with Ben
Ben Yisrael is a performance poet, storyteller, and writer. Among his performance accomplishments are the 2010 Dallas Poetry Grind Slam Champion, the 2012 Individual World Poetry Slam 17th ranked poet, the 2014 NPS Haiku Champion, and 2017 & 2019 Seattle Poetry Slam Grand Slam Champion. He is the co-founder of Mic Check, one of the longest-running poetry readings in Texas, and is a founder and curator at Alchemy Poetry Series in Seattle, WA.